Are you consuming caffeine like a fiend? Ordering the best, small batch coffee available, such as those found at Green Dragon Roasters? Afraid it might be bad for your health? Think again. Here are some amazing coffee benefits and advantages you probably didn't know about.
- Coffee is good for your brain. It has been shown that consuming coffee, besides keeping you alert, is quite beneficial for brain functions, such as mood, reaction time, memory, vigilance and general cognitive function. So have a cup, and prepare to get smarter.
- Drinking coffee can help counteract some of the nasty effects on your liver from drinking last night's cocktails. It has been reported by USA Today that two cups of coffee a day can help prevent liver cirrhosis, a disease caused by heavy drinking.
- Along with drinking coffee, a coffee rinse can help your hair glow. Rinsing your hair with strong, dark coffee can add depth and a glow to brunette or dark hair (not recommended for blondes or those with light hair.) For directions, check this wiki page out.
- Medical News Today says that coffee might act to protect one from type 2 diabetes, as well as heart attack, Parkinson's disease and liver cancer. So drink a couple of cups for your health.
Coffee contains antioxidants as well (and we all know how good those are for you), but those aren't the only nutrients in coffee. A single cup of coffee contains:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): 11% of the RDA.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): 6% of the RDA.
- Manganese and Potassium: 3% of the RDA.
- Magnesium and Niacin (B3): 2% of the RDA.
So remember, as that robust, wake-me-up smell of morning coffee wafts through the air in the morning, you're not just trying to bring yourself back to consciousness, you're receiving a world of benefits, too.
To wake up to the smell (and benefits) of wonderful, hand-roasted coffee, contact us.